Blue Cheese Buffalo Burgers
There is nothing wrong with a plain old hamburger. Much like a plain old wood cornhole board, they get the job done right? But when you add a little something extra, they become something a little special. In the case of cornhole boards, that would be adding custom decals or paint.
In the case of the plain hamburger, you have many options (I don’t recommend adding paint or vinyl decals to your burgers). One of our favorites is simple, yet makes your burgers taste oh so special. It’s the Blue Cheese Buffalo Burger!
Here is what you need to get started
- 1 lb. ground round
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 oz. crumbled blue cheese (for the price conscious, Grocery Outlet usually has them for cheap)
- 1 Tbsp salt and pepper
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 1 tomato, sliced (the more ripe the better)
- 2 Tbsp Buffalo sauce
Putting it all together
- Combine hamburger, Worcestershire sauce, blue cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix together
- Form 4 hamburger patties (about the size of a cornhole bag)
- Grill burgers until done
- Add a tomato slice to bottom bun, followed by blue cheese crumbles, burger
- Sprinkle on a little buffalo sauce
Eat and enjoy
This recipe makes the perfect amount for two teams just coming off the battle field of cornhole. Get four of these tasty burgers together and ready for the players as they come off the field. You just better get four more on the grill as the next teams just started their game!
If you end up making this burgers we’d love to hear how they turned out. Did you make any changes, adding your own special touch? If so, share in the comments below.