One of our favorite snacks is grilled pineapple. Whether you use canned pineapple or a fresh whole pineapple, the results are delicious.
Caution: I don’t recommend you eat these while playing cornhole. There is a good chance your sticky fingers will get the cornhole bags sticky. Although, it could make for some very funny throws when the bag sticks to your hand before flying off in some direction other than the cornhole board!
- 1 fresh pineapple, pealed , cored and cut into strips about 5-6″ long and about 1″ thick
TIP: These are amazing on hamburgers / turkey burgers. Instead of using fresh pineapple, use ring pineapple from a can.
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- Ground pepper (if you like it spicy, try adding some hot pepper sauce)
- Add salt to taste
- Take your cut pineapple pieces and place them in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the honey, butter, salt and pepper (add the hot pepper sauce now if you want them hot!)
- Let the pineapple marinate for 30-60 minutes. The longer you let them marinate the better in my experience. If you can, let them soak overnight in the fridge.
- Get the grilled fired up on high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill to keep the pineapple from sticking
- Grill for a couple of minutes per side (you should see grill marks)
Did You Know: You can grow a pineapple plants from a fresh pineapple? Just cut off the leafy top about half an inch below the leaves, let it dry for a week, and then plant it in some potting soil. OK, so there is a little more to it than that. Check out Growing a Pineapple Plant for more info.
Go out and enjoy your sweet and spicy treat. Hope you enjoy! If you have any comments or improvements to the recipe please share them below.