SUPER BOWL LII
New England Patriots <-> Philadelphia Eagles
February 4, 2018, 3:30 PM PST
Supra Bowl LII is Right Around the Corner…Are You Ready?
The Super Bowl is right around the corner! With the NFL having all kinds of viewership issues, it will be interesting to see how many people actually watch the Super Bowl. I know it doesn’t help that the two teams are not very well matched, with the Eagles being huge underdogs.
Who wants to watch a Super Bowl where the Patriots roll over everything in there way? (I mean who, besides Patriots fans?)
Don’t Fear – There is More to the Super Bowl Than Just the Game
So OK, that game might not be played by the teams we’d like to see. But there is still plenty to enjoy about the game and your Super Bowl party…
- Justin Timberlake will be doing the half time show (sans Janet Jackson)
- Commercials (This is the real reason most of us stick around for the game) This is where 90% of the commercials totally suck. 5% of them make you laugh. And the remaining 5% blow your mind. Oh, and 100% of them cost $7.7million for 30 seconds of air time.
- FOOD and BEER! You’ve got to start with Philly Cheese Steak and New England Clam Chowder! From there, you have your wings, tacos, burgers, chips and dip. And of course beer…lots of beer.
- Count your blessings, hug your family and enjoy watching you life flash before your eyes as the end of it all approaches. Oh, what? You didn’t hear? The earth is on a collision course with an asteroid on the same day as the Super Bowl.
- And last but not least, CORNHOLE! Drag out those bags and boards for some competition that won’t be found on the flat screen.
Don’t have a cornhole set for your Super Bowl part? It’s not too late to get your football themed boards and bags for the big day.
So which team do you think will win Super Bowl LII? Like me, do you feel like the Eagles have as much of a chance as that asteroid hitting earth?
2 thoughts on “Super Bowl LII – Are You Ready?”
Hello, Michael! Having turned 60 last August, I clearly remember a time when the Super Bowl came on in the afternoon – 3 pm on the East Coast and without the 4 or 5 hour long pregame show.
Because of television and the popularity of football here in the U.S. now the day is considered to be a holiday. People gathering at parties hours ahead of time, with the game itself often being an after thought.
Still, compared to other sports does get one thing right. Kids, especially those living on the East Coast can watch most of or the entire game before having to go off to bed as it is a school night. Baseball, basketball and hockey long ago bowed down to the tv networks who came armed with money to give to those sports, the only thing being that the games would start later and at the discretion of television. The NBA finals do not begin until 9 pm EST, think a 10-year old kid who loves the Golden St. Warriors and lives in New England can stay up to watch the entire game on a school night?
All World Series baseball games used to come on in the afternoons, with teachers that I had allowing students to listen to the game on a radio. Unfortunately, a thing of the past with some World Series games, such as game #5 this past fall ending at past 1:30 in the morning, EST. Do you think many people living on the East Coast were up that late watching what truly was an historic game?
The game might not be so one-sided as you believe, Michael. The Eagles have a formidable defensive unit, much better than Atlanta’s last year. I’m not saying that the Patriots will fall behind 28 – 3 as was the case last year. But by chance should New England fall behind by double digits in the middle of the 3rd quarter, they won’t be able to pull off a historic comeback as they did against the Falcons.
OK, I have to concede that the Eagles do stand a chance…..a way better chance than any asteroid slamming into Earth!
For me, when it comes to the Super Bowl, I really just want an entertaining game. I want to see two teams that fought hard all season compete at the highest level. And, I of course want to see funny commercials. Let’s hope we are not disappointing! 😉
I hope that you, your family and friends enjoy the weekend and the Supra Bowl. Hopefully you get a chance to eat some good food and maybe play a little cornhole before the game.